Statistics show the commercial cleaning services industry continues to grow from strength to strength in the United States. It had an estimated annual revenue of $97 billion in 2021. In addition, surveys show it employed approximately three million people.
Office cleaning in the past was significantly different than today, especially in a post-pandemic world. COVID-19 showed that maintaining hygiene and sanitary measures in public places was incredibly important and those practices haven’t disappeared since then.
While occasional dusting, vacuuming, and bathroom upkeep might have been enough in the past, that’s no longer the case. Commercial spaces like offices receive significant traffic, necessitating a greater focus on health and hygiene.
In addition, office spaces often have different sections. For instance, cleaning procedures for kitchens and break rooms will differ from cubicles and desks. It’s important to make a cleaning checklist to ensure hygiene in your office.
Cleaning Checklist for Office Desks and Cubicles
Research shows cleanliness can significantly affect productivity. As a result, you’ll want to ensure office desks and cubicles are clean. Here’s how you can ensure their cleanliness:
- Sanitize computer screen and peripherals
- Recycle trash cans and paper
- Vacuum floors and areas under desks and tables
- Disinfect surfaces people commonly touch, like fax machines, staplers, copiers, etc.
- Dust shelves, desks, etc.
Cleaning Checklist for Kitchens and Break Rooms
Shared kitchens and break rooms require more attention than private ones. Here’s how you can keep these areas clean in your office:
- Discard expired perishables and unwanted food
- Remove old food from the refrigerator
- Wash utensils immediately
- Empty trash daily
- Clean the coffee machine regularly
- Wipe appliances like toasters and microwaves
Cleaning Checklist for Reception and Waiting Areas
Your reception and waiting area are the first places customers see. These areas need to be cleaned. Here’s how you can ensure cleanliness:
- Dust waiting room seats and tables
- Recycle trash and empty bins
- Organize bookshelves or coffee tables
- Clean and dust windows
- Disinfect surfaces people touch, like TV screens, remotes, etc.
- Regularly vacuum the carpet or mop the floor
Get Professional Office Cleaning Services from a Reputable Organization
Keeping your office clean can be challenging. As a result, many companies often get commercial cleaning services from a professional cleaning company. Excellence Janitorial Services and Carpet Cleaning provides numerous cleaning services in Bakersfield, CA, including carpet cleaning, carpet repair, janitorial services, and upholstery cleaning.
Check out our website for more information. Alternatively, contact us to get started today.